Software is too slow

Thanks for checking in!

All of the features are in, so we’re just doing final testing today since we’ve changed a lot of behavior. I think we’re on track to release by Tuesday - I’ll let you know as soon as it’s out!

@GHamsz @jimcint

We just pushed the update to V1.0.2! I’m eager to hear what you think of the changes.

Best,

Austin

Very nice! I was able to create a nice flow of nets in my original design.

I did find it difficult to pick the wires. Seems the select region is very small. I created a similar function in an application I developed a while ago. I didn’t have a particular select region, rather I selected the closest element to the click point as my target. Your selection doesn’t have to be right on the money that way.

I also had a number of times where I moved a component instead of the wire after the wire was selected. A similar strategy could be employed there too. Why not keep the wire selected until you click on an empty space. That way you’ll never accidentally start dragging a component when a wire is selected.

Aside from the ability to move the nets around, what else would you like feedback on?

@GHamsz

Thanks for taking a look at the update Gary! Also sorry for not responding sooner - I hope you enjoyed the holidays.

That’s a great point about the difficulty of selecting a wire or pin. I’ve had the same issue, especially when zoomed out just a bit. We’ll try out your suggestion to increase the select region and see if we can sneak that into an upcoming update.

At this point, I think the most useful feedback would be big picture. In your overall design/prototyping workflow, is there anything major that you would find especially useful if added to Cirkit Designer?

If you want to shoot for the moon, how about this…

Since you’ve already got the logic for wire layout, how about adding PCB layout tools?